About the Program
Together is a program targeting parents of adolescents identified as being vulnerable or at risk of initiating substance use through providing important facts and practical advice to parents based on the latest research and practice on drug abuse prevention.
- To improve the knowledge and skills of parents in the field of adolescent education for drug use prevention
- To increase the ability of parents to play a more effective protective role in drug use prevention
- To develop a network of trained parents to raise awareness in the community about the importance of parents’ role in preventing drug use among their children
- Common challenges faced by adolescents
- Why do adolescents act this way?
- What do you need to know about drugs?
- Information about alcohol, tobacco, and cannabis/marijuana
- Why do adolescents use drugs?
- How to protect adolescents from drugs?
- Communication, discipline, and support
- Media impact on adolescents
- How to deal with adolescents who use drugs
- Partner with local actors
- Conduct an orientation workshop for stakeholders
- Recruit and train trainers on the program
- Recruit and train peer educators on the program
- Implement the program’s sessions
- Coach the educators throughout the implementation
- Monitor and Evaluate the program
- Document lessons learned and disseminate knowledge
- Parents of adolescents aged 10-14 years
- On ground
- 6 to 12 months
- 10 sessions
- 90 minutes per session
- 20 to 25 participants per session