Since Humans, as well as other organisms, engage in behaviors that are rewarding, the pleasurable feelings provide positive reinforcement so that the behavior is repeated. There are natural rewards as well as artificial rewards.
Effect of drugs on brain functions
Impact in general:
- In the first stage: increase the pleasure and ease the pain, in the second stage: increase the pain and ease of pleasure.
- Loss of ability to stop.
- Rush guidance is limited to drugs at the expense of other things.
- The expectation of the result of the material is greater than its direct feeling.
- Increases dependency and stamina when under heroin addiction.
- Control zone activity is reduced.
- Logical brain growth is impaired.
- The function of collecting and linking information is disrupted.
- The activity of the brain is disturbed instinctively by sleep system disruption and heart beat dysfunction and breathing arrest, leading to death.
Particular influence: the functions involved and which are affected in case of addiction:
- Influence on control ability:
O Loss of control to make the right decisions and therefore to live freely, making us a victim of slavery of narcotics.
O Loss of the ability to enjoy life, and feeling happy only with the presence of the drug, and the loss of this ability completely over time.
- Influence on the ability of implementation and motivation:
O reckless behavior and inability to anticipate negative results, leading to failure and regret and guilt.
- Influence on reward and importance:
Loss of interest in life and loss of true identity.
- Influence on memory and learning capacity:
O Loss of positive and constructive memories except for drugs that are always present.